HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

noo ap for teh gild lawl (or How to make a GM have a coronary from seeing an app title LOL) [APPROVED]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neenja

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: noo ap for teh gild lawl (or How to make a GM have a coronary from seeing an app title LOL) [APPROVED]   Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:05 pm

Q) Have you read over our guild and forum policies?
A.) Yessir

Q) Are you at least 18 years old? (Yes or No question, Actual age optional)
A) Yessir, 20 sir.

Q) Have you read over our example application? (recommended)
A) Yessir

Q) Do you have any relatives, friends, or aquaintances in Bloodthorn, or were you recruited? If so, by who?
A) None. I was just surfing around online for a guild, and there you guys were o_O.

Q) Character Name and Class: (Planned or in CB or OB)
A) Definitely a male RunePriest. Name is likely to be Zorro if I get it, though I find I change my name choice often until the last second. My alts are most likely to be BrightWizard or WitchHunter though I do my best to devote as little time as possible to my alts.

Q) Gender: (female, male)
A) Male

Q) What region do you live in? (City and State is fine.)
A) Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada

Q) How did you hear about us? (Word of Mouth, Official Forums, In-game recruitment, ect.)
A) Surfing online for a guild specifically. I believe I saw you on ten ton hammer though.

Q) Do you also plan on playing a Chaos character in Warhammer?
A) Too far ahead to be certain. Maybe after at least one toon gets to tier 4. Playing the Zealot to level 16 was what made me decide to play a RunePriest, so I've experienced it, but I would prefer to play a RunePriest.

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good?
A) I'm not good at doling it out, but it takes a lot to get me riled up, if that's what you're concerned about. Doesn't take much for me to laugh either. I've been compared to Dr. Hibbert by my brother and a few friends.

Q) Previous MMORPG experience if any?
A) A year and a half of EQ. Rogue main. Some raiding, but no important role since I was a DPS main :tears:. EQ was getting too stuffy and cliquey, so I quit for about 2 or 3 years. Now I'm here playing WAR

Q) What stood out to you about our guild that got you to apply with us?
A) The screening process that seems effective in ridding 99.9% of ger, er, I mean 'lil kidz XD. That and your creed. But mostly the screening process. I had applied to another Warhammer guild (but Destruction side) and successfully gotten in, but two things made me leave:

1) Soap opera mentality

I had been in the guild for a week or so when all of a sudden there's this division in the ranks. One side is basically a guy who used bots to get ahead in his MMOs and his followers. The other group didn't like his superior attitude and the fact that he used bots to ahead. I had people implying that they would promote me to officer if I took a side. I found it mildly funny except that I don't want that BS in my guild when it comes to launch.

2) 'Lil kids

I suppose this is somewhat of a subcategory of the first one, but I think you can have a guild full of mature people who engage in the soap opera mentality. Though they had a screening process much the same as yours, annoying kids got through. The small things are really what add up and start abrading my attitude. They would do things such as mic spam the same joke repeatedly (what an odd sense of humour some of those guys had.) Flaming on their own forums. The repeated disciplinary actions that were taken against their own officers which did not result in them losing their privileges. It came to the point where a few people split off to form their own guild. The playing of songs over the mic (though it's mic spam, I think it deserves an honourable mention, since I believe this is a good indication of their member roll.) The list goes on.

This may seem incredibly detailed for no reason. I just wanted to demonstrate that I hate cookie cutter guilds and that if this guild has even a few devoted people who play 20+ hours a week and are relatively easy going with no drama, then you have me hooked already.

Q) Is there any other information about yourself you would like to share with us?
A) I think there are a few things you all should know. I've been playing in some CB and preview weekend so far. I know I'll be playing RunePriest because I've played every other class that has interested me to level 8 or more to get an idea of what they're like. I'm buying a new rig to run this game with all the flashy and intensive graphics, so my commitment to the game is strong. I'll be quitting my current job to get one with fewer hours to have a decent evening of free time every night (most of these evenings will be Warhammer.) I live in Mountain timezone, so most of my free time will be during the weekends and evenings of said time zone at probably 5 or 6 PMish to 11 or 12ish.

As to my play style, I like a very tight-knit, effective, shock style small group. Say we were RvRing, I would like to be a part of the group that realizes that no one is assaulting capture point A, so leader is strong enough to realize this, and everyone AS A GROUP goes and caps the point. This situation and others similar to it happen surprisingly often, (though this may be because everyone was still learning.) and I usually end up going by myself after trying to convince a few people to leave that giant fight that's happening right outside the Order Warcamp. I realize that it's very difficult to create a party such as this (I've tried on many different occasions with randoms. No dice.) However, since this guild seems to be providing mature members, I think this might be accomplished here. Another example is trying to take a keep. I've been in keep warbands and only 20 percent of them were successful at taking the keep because there was no definite leadership and no one would listen to the people trying to act as leaders. I think a guild such as yours would attract players who were interested in the objective and would work well together. I believe that even if you aren't a good player of your class, as long as you listen to your leaders orders you will still be more effective than a good player who goes off on his own. Like most players I have a mix of PvE and PvP elements. Mostly I do quests, scenarios and RvR. Mostly quests so far, since they are the fastest way to level, but I predict that will change once I reach Tier 4.

As to more personal things, I am more than willing to help those who are learning (as following the creed.) When it comes to looting, Mains come first, (to strengthen the guild overall.) Also, though I am often in Vent, I usually do not speak. I'm usually still listening though.

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
A) How will you be choosing your server? I don't want to be on a server that's going to be merged relatively soon down the road.

That's it I guess. If I think of more stuff I'll add it or ask it XD. Though it seems horribly in-depth for no reason, I have an ulterior motive. I'm hoping a lot of members read these apps, and that the ones who want to play as a very strong and cohesive team will have a talk with me Wink. But remember I'M the healer clown (J/k, groups can often use more than one healer.) Looking forward to playing with you guys, you seem like a down to earth bunch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gilgalant
Bloodthorn Standard Bearer

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: noo ap for teh gild lawl (or How to make a GM have a coronary from seeing an app title LOL) [APPROVED]   Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:18 pm

Sorry you had such a cruel week with those other guys, I don't think I would have lasted a day with them. I'm pretty sure that you won't be seeing any of that garbage here. A few of us have been thru several MMO's together, running the guild, and I can say that those sort of things did not happen with us at the helm. Overall that was a good app, and I would say that you would make a nice addition to the guild.
cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quixote

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: noo ap for teh gild lawl (or How to make a GM have a coronary from seeing an app title LOL) [APPROVED]   Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:25 pm

Well, aside from the fact that in the moments it took my PC to open your app, I was having a heart attack about the post title, this was
an outstanding application, Neen. I learned alot about you, your playstyle, and what you were looking for, and what lead you here. It doesn't
get any better than that.

Welcome to Clan Bloodthorn, Neenja. We're glad you're with us!

As to the server selection, we're on Bloodkeep server temporarily until we get more information on what lies ahead for it.
The server we will ultimately decide on will definitely not be one that is scheduled to be merged, or one that will be open RvR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.clanbloodthorn.com
Lysico

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: noo ap for teh gild lawl (or How to make a GM have a coronary from seeing an app title LOL) [APPROVED]   Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:35 pm

Welcome aboard..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neenja

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Tanks!   Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:05 pm

I see the goal of my post was achieved, though it was probably overdone a bit Wink.

Thanks for the positive feedback, and the prompt responses at such an odd time of the day. Says a lot about your devotion to the guild and I appreciate it.

Also, if my post seems a bit elitist, it's because I think it's necessary. I want to get all sometimes unpleasant details about myself out of the way so you guys can get an idea if our goals and playstyles are similar. I'm actually agreeable when it comes to chatting, and I usually don't say all that much. Though Gil did get me talking, even if it was mostly about gameplay. Maybe I'm having a turn-around o_O.

Anyway, I shouldn't even be posting right now. Back to work I guess. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: noo ap for teh gild lawl (or How to make a GM have a coronary from seeing an app title LOL) [APPROVED]   

Back to top Go down

noo ap for teh gild lawl (or How to make a GM have a coronary from seeing an app title LOL) [APPROVED]
Page 1 of 1