Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSharduk - App [APPROVED] Homepa11

Sharduk - App [APPROVED]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sharduk

Sharduk - App [APPROVED] Empty
PostSubject: Sharduk - App [APPROVED]   Sharduk - App [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:14 pm

Q) Have you read over our guild and forum policies?
A.)Yes

Q) Are you at least 18 years old? (Yes or No question, Actual age optional)
A) Started my RPG addiction with A D & D, Placed 2nd in the open competition at Gen Com II, was personal friend of Gary Gygax. If ya dont get any of those references ......... then I'm ... err..... 25.

Q) Have you read over our example application? (recommended)
A)Yes most of them. Was impressed by the lack of LEET names posting for membership.

Q) Do you have any relatives, friends, or aquaintances in Bloodthorn, or were you recruited? If so, by who?
A) Not until you approved my wife this morning. < Rhyssa >

Q) Character Name and Class: (Planned or in CB or OB)
A) Played several Order classes this weekend and still not sure what main will be but have it narrowed down to three. Shrike <Shadow Warrior>, Sharduk < Iron Breaker >, and Ezekial < Witchhunter >.

Q) Gender: (female, male)
A) Male

Q) What region do you live in? (City and State is fine.)
A) On Illinois / Wisconsin border half way tween Chicago and Milwaukee, still a Bears fan.

Q) How did you hear about us? (Word of Mouth, Official Forums, In-game recruitment, ect.)
A) Rhyssa grabbed me by the short hairs and dragged me over to see your site.

Q) Do you also plan on playing a Chaos character in Warhammer?
A) Probably will at some point if only to learn more about some of the dark side classes.

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good?
A) Dry and sarcastic.

Q) Previous MMORPG experience if any?
A) EQ1 3yrs, DAOC 3yrs, Horizons 2yrs, EQ2 3 yrs. As a side note, Rhyssa and I met in Horizons, she in Brisbane Australia and me here in Chicago.

Q) What stood out to you about our guild that got you to apply with us?
A) Maturity and helpfullness. If I want drama in my life I'll watch Law and Order.

Q) Is there any other information about yourself you would like to share with us?
A) Gamestyle is to examine all the content available. Rhyssa and I both turned off combat experience at about level 30 in EQ2 because we were outleveling the quest content.

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
A) Not at this time.
Back to top Go down
Quixote

Quixote

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Sharduk - App [APPROVED]   Sharduk - App [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:57 pm

Welcome to Clan Bloodthorn, Sharduk!

Just as a note, this part 'was personal friend of Gary Gygax' made me go something like Shocked .

Gygax was as important to the fantasy genre in the modern era as Tolkien was in his, IMO. I was obviously a big AD&D fan as a teen into my
mid twenties, so he's a hero to me, and it must have been very interesting to have known him.

Without Gygax, I think fantasy may never have been marketed to our generation.

Very glad to have you and Rhyssa aboard!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clanbloodthorn.com
Vykas
Bloodthorn Officer
Vykas

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Sharduk - App [APPROVED]   Sharduk - App [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:03 pm

Dominus_Leo wrote:
Gygax was as important to the fantasy genre in the modern era as Tolkien was in his, IMO. I was obviously a big AD&D fan as a teen into my mid twenties, so he's a hero to me, and it must have been very interesting to have known him.

Without Gygax, I think fantasy may never have been marketed to our generation.

I whole-heartedly agree. May he rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
Moore

Moore

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Sharduk - App [APPROVED]   Sharduk - App [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:26 pm

Wow!....
Quote :
Placed 2nd in the open competition at Gen Com II
and Wow!...
Quote :
was personal friend of Gary Gygax

Pleased to meet you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharduk - App [APPROVED]   Sharduk - App [APPROVED] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sharduk - App [APPROVED]
Page 1 of 1