Desnok - Join [APPROVED]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Desnok
Bloodthorn Officer

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Desnok - Join [APPROVED]   Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:39 pm

Q) Have you read over our guild and forum policies?
A.) Yes.

Q) Are you at least 18 years old? (Yes or No question, Actual age optional)
A) Yes, 28, wise and immature beyond my years.

Q) Have you read over our example application? (recommended)
A) Yes.

Q) Do you have any relatives, friends, or aquaintances in Bloodthorn, or were you recruited? If so, by who?
A) No.

Q) Character Name and Class: (Planned or in CB or OB)
A) Desnok. As to what career, I haven't quite decided yet. Ironbreaker, Witch Hunter, Engineer, and Archmage are all still in the running, but I'm leaning towards an Ironbreaker.

Q) Gender: (female, male)
A) Male.

Q) What region do you live in? (City and State is fine.)
A) SE Pennsylvania.

Q) How did you hear about us? (Word of Mouth, Official Forums, In-game recruitment, ect.)
A) Warhammer Alliance forums, specifically the guild forums.

Q) Do you also plan on playing a Chaos character in Warhammer?
A) Possibly, though I'd most likely concentrate on advancing my Order character pretty far first.

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good?
A) Good sense of humor, tending towards dry, sarcastic witticisms mixed in with absolutely horrible, cheesy puns.

Q) Previous MMORPG experience if any?
A) Started out in Asheron's Call beta, and have loved MMORPGs ever since, though I've taken breaks here and there. I've played most of the major ones, and tried many of the trials/betas of the smaller ones.

Q) What stood out to you about our guild that got you to apply with us?
A) Believe it or not, it was actually quite difficult to find a mature, Order-based guild that's rolling on a core server. After perusing through the applications, I like the kind of people that are applying and are being accepted. Mature, fun, casual yet willing to excel.

Q) Is there any other information about yourself you would like to share with us?
A) I got my girlfriend interested in the game (thankfully, so she understands why I play a lot). This is her first MMORPG (she's not new to video games), and I was looking for a friendly guild that's a good match for me and her and where she can be introduced into the guild idea of MMORPGs in a nice, drama-free environment. Her name is Arkara, and she's also applying as I'm typing this.

More about me, I consider myself a mix between casual and hardcore. I tend to play a lot, and I like to excel at what I play, but I dislike the general atmosphere of more "hardcore" guilds. I think "casual" guilds can be just as skilled and dedicated as "hardcore" guilds, without the mandatory feeling or drama. Games are about having fun, and sometimes people need to remember that.

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
A) I like that you have a Ventrilo server, but is it mandatory to be on all the time when we are playing? There are times when I love being on Vent/TS, and other times where I just like to relax and zone out on my own. I'd obviously be on when we're doing sieges/scheduled RvR events, but if I'm just PvEing on my own, I was just wondering if one is expected to be on Vent whenever we're online playing.

Oh, is it okay to get drunk on Ventrilo if I stay reasonably well-behaved? jocolor

Q) Any questions for me?
A) (your question here, if applicable)

Thanks,
Desnok
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quixote

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Desnok - Join [APPROVED]   Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:07 pm

Another excellent app, Desnok!

Funny you should mention drinking while playing MMO's. One of my closest MMO buddies had the unique ability to become better and more focused the more trashed he got. Laughing

Everything you mention in your app seems exactly in line with what we try and be about, so definitely think you'll be right at home here.

Welcome to Clan Bloodthorn!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.clanbloodthorn.com
Desnok
Bloodthorn Officer

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Desnok - Join [APPROVED]   Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:15 pm

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve to playing while drinking. Are there any elder testers amongst Clan Bloodthorn? I've been in closed beta for about 8 months now, and I'm sooo looking forward to headstart when I can finally start a character knowing that it won't be wiped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quixote

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Desnok - Join [APPROVED]   Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:35 pm

Ok, ok, I had a stomach moment there while I was approving the two of your apps.

Honest answer is, my wife had just pulled a fresh batch of her razzleberry cobbler out of the oven, and I got distracted and forgot to answer the
questions both of you asked.

So forgive me for the sins of my stomach. Embarassed

Ventrillo is not mandatory for the guild, Desnok. It's a nice to have tool to bring us together to chat and get to know one another, and to coordinate for RvR stuff, but during those times you just want to play around and zone out, you're more than welcome to do so, and use guild chat to talk with us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.clanbloodthorn.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desnok - Join [APPROVED]   

Back to top Go down

Desnok - Join [APPROVED]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Application Archives :: Approved Application Archive-
Jump to: