Share | 

Cort - App to join [APPROVED]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cort

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Cort - App to join [APPROVED]   Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:38 pm

Q) Have you read over our guild and forum policies?
Yes I have.

Q) Are you at least 18 years old? (Yes or No question, Actual age optional)
Twice over and working on the third round (37)

Q) Have you read over our example application? (recommended)
Yes

Q) Do you have any relatives, friends, or aquaintances in Bloodthorn, or were you recruited? If so, by who?
No

Q) Character Name and Class: (Planned or in CB or OB)
Name's Cort or some derivative probably. Still deciding final class - heavily leaning on Ironbreaker or Runepriest

Q) Gender: (female, male)
Male irl, in game I reserve the right Razz

Q) What region do you live in? (City and State is fine.)
Northeast Alabama

Q) How did you hear about us? (Word of Mouth, Official Forums, In-game recruitment, ect.)
Warhammer Alliance forums

Q) Do you also plan on playing a Chaos character in Warhammer?
Yes

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good?
I love nothing more than to laugh, well that's a lie... there are things of course... but laughing is wayyy up there!

Q) Previous MMORPG experience if any?
Everquest in '99, ahh the memories. Stopped EQ when DAoC came out, played it a year. Went back to EQ and PoP had came out and I finally reached max level, hard core raided through Uqua (I played umm... too much!) and finally quit EQ for good after some expansion after that. Wow and EQII had came out, played both of them a bit, decided on EQII but that burnt out quick, went and played WoW off and on when there was nothing else on the burner. In between all that was SWG beta, Guild Wars, Shadowbane beta, Tabula Rasa... maybe that's all? I loved EQ's brutal toughness and unforgiving nature. I loved DAoC's RvR, well, most of it. The others never really had a place in my heart. Played WoW for something to do, but twinks and general easiness were big turnoffs. Only real hope is that WAR will be the next love... from playing so far it is. Waiting for OB is hurting!!!

Q) What stood out to you about our guild that got you to apply with us?
I searched the regiment forums on Warhammer Alliance, I guess scoured would be the right word. Of all the guilds that I saw, CB stood out as being hopefully the type of guild that I and my fellow real life friends (one just apped - Nhibec). I've been in many guilds throughout gaming, and I know exactly what type guild works for me. Mature, fun-loving, love of gaming and wanting to succeed, but not willing to cut each other's throats to get there. Close-knit group of friends willing to help each other in everything we do. I read over alot of the apps to see who potential guildmates would be, and I liked most that I saw also.

Q) Is there any other information about yourself you would like to share with us?
Not that I can think of!

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
Newp, proof is in the pudding and how the guild interacts during open beta and launch will make all the difference. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nhibec

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Cort - App to join [APPROVED]   Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:46 pm

Heya Cort! Just a few more days, you can make it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swift Stryker

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Cort - App to join [APPROVED]   Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:56 pm

Cort wrote:
I love nothing more than to laugh, well that's a lie... there are things of course... but laughing is wayyy up there!

Yes, and sometimes these things can be successfully combined . . . though timing is important Smile

Cort wrote:

Newp, proof is in the pudding and how the guild interacts during open beta and launch will make all the difference. Thanks Smile

Another "yes" . . . aspirations are clear . . . and good . . . the rest is what we make it. Personally, I think we're off to a very good start .

Anyhow . . . nice app . . . good luck!

Quixote

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Cort - App to join [APPROVED]   Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:34 am

Heya Cort!

That handle wouldn't be a tip of the hat to a certain hard-ass gunslinger trainer of Roland of Gilead, would it?

Very nice application. We are trying very hard to ensure that we're filling the ranks with the kinds of folks you can be proud of having
as guildmates...And so far, we're doing well to that end, I think.

Welcome to Clan Bloodthorn!

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Cort - App to join [APPROVED]   Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:39 am

I just wanted to say welcome to the guild.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cort

PostSubject: Re: Cort - App to join [APPROVED]   Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:35 am

Well, Dominus_Leo, I don't want to play the Blaine game you know... I've liked the name ever since I read it in the aforementioned text. Thought my in game name may end up wildly different. My usual names don't befit a dwarf really, but I thought Cort would do quite nicely. Especially after zoning in on some beach and having to fight some crabclaw monstrosities! Oww, me finger ya damnable crustacean! Yar! Nuttin' some ale won't fix up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quixote

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Cort - App to join [APPROVED]   Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:02 pm

Cort wrote:
Well, Dominus_Leo, I don't want to play the Blaine game you know... I've liked the name ever since I read it in the aforementioned text. Thought my in game name may end up wildly different. My usual names don't befit a dwarf really, but I thought Cort would do quite nicely. Especially after zoning in on some beach and having to fight some crabclaw monstrosities! Oww, me finger ya damnable crustacean! Yar! Nuttin' some ale won't fix up!

Glad to see another fan of that series...Always been a big fan myself. cheers

PostSubject: Re: Cort - App to join [APPROVED]   Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:30 pm

Aye, the world's first 8-book trilogy.

Cort

PostSubject: Re: Cort - App to join [APPROVED]   Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:08 pm

Haha so true! My fav by him is The Stand though. I have to admit, back when The Green Mile was coming out one a month I was enraptured. Would read it in one day then have to wait 30 days for the next! Good movie too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swift Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Cort - App to join [APPROVED]   Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:54 pm

Totally agree! The Green Mile was, IMHO, his last decent effort.

As for The Gunslinger . . . the only improvement he could have made would have been to end the trilogy after Book 2, or perhaps at Book 3. After that . . . pffffft!

It took a while but I finally realized you could summarize each one of his books in at most three sentences. The rest is just horrifying conversation.

Cort

PostSubject: Re: Cort - App to join [APPROVED]   Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:02 pm

Yep, you could tell that he was really trying to complete, but not drawn to completing, his "epic". Everyone was wanting more after years of not going on with the series, so he finally did it seemed. But yes, it was lacking compared to the sprinting start.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cort - App to join [APPROVED]   

Back to top Go down

Cort - App to join [APPROVED]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Application Archives :: Approved Application Archive-
Jump to: