Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inVykas - Join! [APPROVED] Homepa11

Vykas - Join! [APPROVED]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vykas
Bloodthorn Officer
Vykas

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Vykas - Join! [APPROVED] Empty
PostSubject: Vykas - Join! [APPROVED]   Vykas - Join! [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 3:32 pm

Q) Have you read over our guild and forum policies?
A) Yes. (By the way, there is a tiny typo in the guild charter. It is under the subheader "Clan Bloodthorn Recruitment Process", third paragraph, last word.)

Q) Are you at least 18 years old? (Yes or No question, Actual age optional)
A) Yes, I am 34 years old.

Q) Have you read over our example application? (recommended)
A) I have read both examples and checked out a few of the applications that were posted and approved. I wanted to get a better idea of who Clan Bloodthorn is.

Q) Do you have any relatives, friends, or aquaintances in Bloodthorn, or were you recruited? If so, by who?
A) I don't know anyone in Clan Bloodthorn, yet.

Q) Character Name and Class: (Planned or in CB or OB)
A) I am in the closed beta. I have a Zealot named Testtesttest, a Swordmaster named Pacifist, and an Archmage named Somedude. I do not normally name characters like this unless I am testing out a game. I figure that I will become too attached to them if I name them something that I would actually like.

I am pretty sure that I will create an Archmage named Vykas when the game goes live. I preordered the Collector's Edition, so I will be playing during the Head Start.

Q) Gender: (female, male)
A) I'm male.

Q) What region do you live in? (City and State is fine.)
A) I live in San Diego, CA.

Q) How did you hear about us? (Word of Mouth, Official Forums, In-game recruitment, ect.)
A) I heard about Clan Bloodthorn from the recruiting forum at Warhammer Alliance.

Q) Do you also plan on playing a Chaos character in Warhammer?
A) No, I gave them a shot in closed beta, but I just couldn't get into them. I do think Mythic did a good job implementing the feel of Chaos; I just couldn't get into terrain with eyeballs coming out of the ground. Creepy. cyclops

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good?
A) I have a good sense of humor!

Q) Previous MMORPG experience if any?
A) I have played Ultima Online, Final Fantasy XI, Star Wars: Galaxies, City of Heroes/Villains, and World of Warcraft. I dabbled with Dark Age of Camelot, Guild Wars, Vanguard, and Everquest 2.

Q) What stood out to you about our guild that got you to apply with us?
A) It was a few things: I want to play Order on a Core server with mature people who did not want to treat WAR as a second job. I read through several of Dominus Leo's posts on Warhammer Alliance and he seemed to be a nice guy who could communicate well. Also, the approved applications that I read suggested that this guild will be filled with friendly and helpful people.

Q) Is there any other information about yourself you would like to share with us?
A) I will be unavailable to play WAR on Thursday and Friday nights. I attend Irish language classes those nights, and they are very important to me personally. I hope that this will not negatively impact your assessment of my application.

I like to help people, I enjoy grouping up with others, and I love PvP/RvR gameplay.

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
A) I'd like to know which server you all have chosen for the Preview Weekend. I would love to reroll on that server in order to group with you. (I figure that there is probably a thread on this in your member forums. Hopefully I will get accepted and I can read it for myself.) Smile
Back to top Go down
Quixote

Quixote

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Vykas - Join! [APPROVED]   Vykas - Join! [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 3:48 pm

Funny you should ask about Servers. I had just been researching the topic on Warhammer alliance to see where we would roll Friday.

I'm partial to the server Tyrion at the moment, just for the name, since he's a character in George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series, which I love, so I was planning on coming here, and kicking around the idea to everyone to see what they thought when I ran across your app.

So, as for your app, it's a good one, and I'm thrilled about the quality of applicants we're getting at the moment.

So, welcome aboard, and watch the forums here to make sure we decide on Tyrion!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clanbloodthorn.com
Swift Stryker

Swift Stryker

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Vykas - Join! [APPROVED]   Vykas - Join! [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 3:56 pm

Typo? What typo Shocked ?

Let's see . . . offers the simplest proof of actually reading, then answers to show comprehension . . . has a thoughtful approach to character names . . . has a personal interest in heritage or perhaps for an Irish lass . . . and more.

sounds like a keeper to me !! (since you are likely to notice, my keyboard has suddenly balked at capitalizing "s")
Back to top Go down
Vykas
Bloodthorn Officer
Vykas

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Vykas - Join! [APPROVED]   Vykas - Join! [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 4:09 pm

Swift Stryker wrote:
Typo? What typo Shocked ?

Let's see . . . offers the simplest proof of actually reading, then answers to show comprehension . . . has a thoughtful approach to character names . . . has a personal interest in heritage or perhaps for an Irish lass . . . and more.

sounds like a keeper to me !! (since you are likely to notice, my keyboard has suddenly balked at capitalizing "s")

Ha! Now I'm poSitive I made the right guild choice!

Strangely enough, I'm a JapaneSe guy that doeSn't have a particular Irish laSS in mind, but doeS have an obSeSSion with the IriSh language. Truly wacky!

P.S. Find encloSed extra capital S'S for your uSe. See, I'm helpful already! Smile
Back to top Go down
Swift Stryker

Swift Stryker

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Vykas - Join! [APPROVED]   Vykas - Join! [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 4:45 pm

LOL Thankssssssssssssss. That should at least replenish your supply of raw materials. ATM, its the only payback I can offer Smile

The language thing is very interesting. I've been privileged to hear quite a few (for an American) different languages, though I am by no means an expert. My very first thought was that I couldn't think of anything more anomalous to an American than a Japanese speaking Irish . . . or Gaelic (with apologies to Baal, our resident scot). Then I remembered a similar feeling during the Olympics seeing someone who looked 100% "American" speaking rapid Chinese . . . I think lol. But it still seems as if you tried to put a pin in the language map as far from your heritage language as possible lol.

Looking forward to seeing you in game . . . almost as much as being able to type swift.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vykas - Join! [APPROVED]   Vykas - Join! [APPROVED] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vykas - Join! [APPROVED]
Page 1 of 1