Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inknob - join [APPROVED] Homepa11

knob - join [APPROVED]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
knob

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-08-21

knob - join [APPROVED] Empty
PostSubject: knob - join [APPROVED]   knob - join [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:46 am

Q) Have you read over our guild and forum policies?
A.) Yes, I like the idea of keeping things mature, casual, and helpful

Q) Are you at least 18 years old? (Yes or No question, Actual age optional)
A) Yes, 24

Q) Have you read over our example application? (recommended)
A) Yes, I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Q) Do you have any relatives, friends, or aquaintances in Bloodthorn, or were you recruited? If so, by who?
A) No. I read about you guys on Warhammer Alliance. I hated the idea of coming into a game like Warhammer without having a group of fun people to play with. It seems like I'd miss out on a lot of the fun in RVR without a guild. In AoC, I decided to play with Goon Squad, but quickly lost interest because of the sheer amount of drama/trolling they did on the forums (all of which they made up just to get a rise out of the rest of the server). More than anything in AoC, that killed my interest.

Q) Character Name and Class: (Planned or in CB or OB)
A) I originally planned on a Bright Wizard -- DAoC was a blast as a ranged class. Being able to nuke people from castle walls was a lot of fun. However, after fooling around as an Ironbreaker in CB, I decided that's what I'm more interested in. They don't do the most damage, but they can sure take a ton of it.

Q) Gender: (female, male)
A) Male

Q) What region do you live in? (City and State is fine.)
A) Close to St. Louis, Illinois side.

Q) How did you hear about us? (Word of Mouth, Official Forums, In-game recruitment, ect.)
A) As I mentioned above, Warhammer Alliance. I don't normally look at recruitment forums, but I decided to during our "break" that we're supposed to 'enjoy" until preview weekend, saw the post about Clan Bloodhtorn, and liked what it had to say.

Q) Do you also plan on playing a Chaos character in Warhammer?
A) I might fool around as one and get it to level 10 to do the low level RVR stuff, but nothing serious.

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good?
A) Good, I guess. I'm a nurse, it tends to be a tad bit crude at times.

Q) Previous MMORPG experience if any?
A) I played most of the "big" MMOs. Lots of EQ, DAoC, EQ2, and to a lesser extent, WoW (I actually got a WotLK beta invite right when I got my Warhammer beta invite). I like MMOs.

Q) What stood out to you about our guild that got you to apply with us?
A) Casual. Mature. I like that there's an age limit. I like that you realize that there's stuff to do outside of Warhammer. I played EQ in a hardcore guild that raided every day of the week for hours. I loved it back then, but I was younger and had more free time. I don't want that anymore, and I don't want to get yelled at by the guild for not being on every night. I just want to have fun.

Q) Is there any other information about yourself you would like to share with us?
A) I work 12 hour midnight shifts. It's nice because I only have to work 3 days a week, but it also means I won't be able to play at all some days.

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
A) Not really. Your website does a good job at explaining what you're about and what you expect from your members.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shacknews.com
Quixote

Quixote

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: knob - join [APPROVED]   knob - join [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:52 am

I was on my way to bed when I saw this pop up, but it's a great app, so I won't get crabby Laughing

Welcome to Clan Bloodthorn!

I'm sorry to hear about your bad guild experience in AoC, and hope your experience with us is much more enjoyable in WAR.

Really headed for bed this time. All the rest of you late night apps can wait until tomorrow morning. =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.clanbloodthorn.com
knob

PostSubject: Re: knob - join [APPROVED]   knob - join [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:55 am

Awesome, thanks! Hopefully I'll get a chance to play with some of you this preview weekend. I start a 4 day weekend on Friday, so it'll be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Lysico

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: knob - join [APPROVED]   knob - join [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 11:10 am

Welcome Knob!

Another ex-DAoC so that is great. I was a aug/mend healer in Midgard for years and years.. I won't hold it against you that you were an Alb .. lol

Great that you are going a tank. I am going Runepriest, so if you need your pet healer, look me up!

Again, welcome
Back to top Go down
knob

PostSubject: Re: knob - join [APPROVED]   knob - join [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:45 am

Now I might be nuts (I did just finish working all night and I'm dead tired), but how did you know I played as an Alb? I don't see me mentioning it... But you're right, I started out as a cleric on Galahad. Never even hit 50 back then. Later on, when the classic servers were released, I came back as a KOBOLD SKALD so I was also a Midgard player! I liked Midgard a lot more. The gritty norse feeling.

Oh, and Skalds were awesome. Fast run speed, buffs, and all that without having to juggle instruments.
Back to top Go down
Lysico

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: knob - join [APPROVED]   knob - join [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:47 am

originally planned on a Bright Wizard -- DAoC was a blast as a ranged class. Being able to nuke people from castle walls was a lot of fun.

See I am old and don't read well.. lol

I saw Wizard, then DAoC and my mind then tabbed you an Alb...

Yeah, I am slow.

Well now, a Middie! Yeah baby! Was a mend/aug healer forever there...
Back to top Go down
Vevielle

Vevielle

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: knob - join [APPROVED]   knob - join [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 1:00 pm

My boyfriend was considering joining the Goon Squad because he's a SomethingAwful fanatic. I quickly smacked him upside the head and told him that I simply would not tolerate any association of myself (even indirectly) with the likes of Goon Squad. SomethingAwful has some great forums for information (Ask/Tell) and deals (SAMart) but I don't think they transfer very well into an MMO environment honestly.

Glad to see we're on the same page =) Welcome to the clan!
Back to top Go down
tsthy

tsthy

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: knob - join [APPROVED]   knob - join [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 1:05 pm

Vevielle wrote:
My boyfriend was considering joining the Goon Squad because he's a SomethingAwful fanatic. I quickly smacked him upside the head and told him that I simply would not tolerate any association of myself (even indirectly) with the likes of Goon Squad. SomethingAwful has some great forums for information (Ask/Tell) and deals (SAMart) but I don't think they transfer very well into an MMO environment honestly.

If you can, have him find out what server Goon Squad is going to roll on so we can avoid that server, lol!
Back to top Go down
knob

PostSubject: Re: knob - join [APPROVED]   knob - join [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 7:55 pm

Vevielle wrote:

For what it's worth, it's hit or miss. Usually miss. I played with them in EQ2 and they're the exact opposite of what you'd expect out of a Something Awful guild. They keep it low key, they help each other out, and they have a good enough reputation on the server that they occasionally team up with other guilds to do raids. I guess I was kind of hoping for more of the same with AoC, but it turned out to be a bad choice. The EQ2 guild though is one of the best guilds I'd ever played with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: knob - join [APPROVED]   knob - join [APPROVED] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

knob - join [APPROVED]
Page 1 of 1