Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGrimcross - Join! [APPROVED] Homepa11

Grimcross - Join! [APPROVED]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Grimcross

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Grimcross - Join! [APPROVED] Empty
PostSubject: Grimcross - Join! [APPROVED]   Grimcross - Join! [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:07 pm

Q) Have you read over our guild and forum policies?
A.)Yes. I found them to be well thought out and . . . wait - it's too earlier to start kissing @$$ yet isn't it?

Q) Are you at least 18 years old? (Yes or No question, Actual age optional)
A) Sadly, yes. I'll be 18 for the 21rst time in January *sigh*

Q) Have you read over our example application? (recommended)
A) Both of them

Q) Do you have any relatives, friends, or aquaintances in Bloodthorn, or were you recruited? If so, by who?
A) Not that I know of . . . and if they did without telling me I know just where to put the arrow.

Q) Character Name and Class: (Planned or in CB or OB)
A) Grimcross - Rune Priest; Tir - Shadow Warrior (probably both and switch depending on what people need me to do). I'll also be playing Destruction - shaman and possibly sorceress. Hmm, there's a pattern here - ranged DPS and Healer. I'm sadly predictable.

Q) Gender: (female, male)
A) Male (when my wife lets me have my man parts)

Q) What region do you live in? (City and State is fine.)
A) Austin, TX - I know you're all jealous - just admit it.

Q) How did you hear about us? (Word of Mouth, Official Forums, In-game recruitment, ect.)
A) The Boost Gameplay website. I've been trolling . . . er, I mean searching it for some time.

Q) Do you also plan on playing a Chaos character in Warhammer?
A) Shaman and Sorceress. I'm sorry to let my WOW orc shaman go, but the greenskins are too funny. I was able to spend about 8 hours on a shaman during the preview weekend and I really liked the class. A little hard to stay alive when order decides you're the reason they're having it rough but that will work itself out.

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good?
A) Mine sucks. I'm the most boring person in the world. I have no concept or humor or sarcasm at all.

Q) Previous MMORPG experience if any?
A) WOW, Eve, and City of Heroes/Villians. Wow was my favorite. I started with an Orc Shaman and loved the class. I played him up to 70 and felt I really mastered the class. Some people love to be the guy/gal doing the bashing. I liked being the one who made the bashing possible. I could sit back, drop the right heals/totems, and make inappropriate wise and insightful comments. I also had a 67 Elf Hunter on a PVP server (it was so much harder to level, etc. with the horde toons), a 60 Undead Warrior, 51 Undead Warlock, and 54 Elf Rouge (PVP). WOW rocks, but War is something I've been waiting for a long time. (if only i'd gotten a collectors edition). I've played the table top version and all the 40K RTS games. This is going to freaking kill.

Q) What stood out to you about our guild that got you to apply with us?
A) Your maturity and your appreciation of the time demands an adult has to deal with every day. I love this game already, but I'll never love it more than my son. I plan to spend 10-20 weekly online but it will mostly be later at night.

Q) Is there any other information about yourself you would like to share with us?
A) Hmmm, I'm a very loyal guild-mate and usually up for helping a guildie out as long as the request is reasonable. I'm a programmer during the day (mostly C#), an avid college football fan (Go Ducks!), and I love being a father. My son is almost six so don't expect to see much of me until later in the evening (weekends are Daddy/Elijah Play Days). Of course, some day I hope he'll love warhammer and 40K as much as I do. I should be good for any events past 8 pm CST (9 pm EST) and I don't mind going late into the evening. I can do the occasional weekend day event but it will be the exception. I'm hoping that will be cool (and I'll make it worthwhile when I'm on).

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
A) How soon do you plan to start up the destruction guild? I love greenskins - I guess it's the clown in me.
Back to top Go down
Quixote

Quixote

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Grimcross - Join! [APPROVED]   Grimcross - Join! [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:17 pm

Heya Grimcross!

One nagging question from a fellow College Football nut...How in the world does an Oregon fan survive among the hordes of UT faithful in Austin? Shocked Nice game yesterday, BTW. As a Notre Dame fan who suffered greatly through the Ty Willingham (Golfing indstead of recruiting)
years, he can never get beat enough for my taste. Twisted Evil

Great application!

The Destruction guild is still a valid part of our plan, but we plan on establishing this guild first, and letting a guild leader for the Destruction guild emerge, as I don't think it would be fair to both guilds for me to split time between being guild leader of both. We plan on giving them the full support of
Clan Bloodthorn such as the web domain, webpage, ect...But I feel it's very important that we establish a strong leadership team that can carry over our philosophies and guidelines as well as we do here prior to launching it.

Welcome to Clan Bloodthorn!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clanbloodthorn.com
Grimcross

PostSubject: Re: Grimcross - Join! [APPROVED]   Grimcross - Join! [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:34 pm

Thanks! I look forward to playing with you all!

Fortunately, Oregon and UT don't play often so I don't get into too many arguments. Mostly I get the 'you guys have a team?' stuff. We moved here the year before VY's national championship so I have seen the UT fans at their . . . best. Yesterday was a good game except for the whole concusion thing. Of course, we were playing a TW coached team so it' hard to tell what we'll do against a college program. You guys definitely have an upgrade at coach now. It should be an interesting year (better than last).

I'm fine with playing alliance to start. Once we get the guild in a good place I'd love to help establish the chaos guild (although I won't volunteer to lead it - officer, but not leader). I'm getting the sense war might be the opposite of WOW as far as the factions/realms go. It seems chaos may have an abundance of sniveling ankle biters while alliance may have the more mature, organized guilds. Should be fun.
Back to top Go down
korthdd

korthdd

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Grimcross - Join! [APPROVED]   Grimcross - Join! [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:41 pm

Jealous? San Antonio is much nicer....
Back to top Go down
Cort

Cort

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Grimcross - Join! [APPROVED]   Grimcross - Join! [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:27 am

Well met Grimcross, look forward to meeting you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grimcross

PostSubject: Re: Grimcross - Join! [APPROVED]   Grimcross - Join! [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:31 am

San Antonio? Now I know your jealous - lol.
I'll be running through your fair city in November for the Rock 'n' Roll marathon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grimcross - Join! [APPROVED]   Grimcross - Join! [APPROVED] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grimcross - Join! [APPROVED]
Page 1 of 1