Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inDeylen-Join! [APPROVED] Homepa11

Deylen-Join! [APPROVED]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deylen

Deylen

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Deylen-Join! [APPROVED] Empty
PostSubject: Deylen-Join! [APPROVED]   Deylen-Join! [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:24 pm

Q) Have you read over our guild and forum policies?
A.) Yes, I have read over the guild and forum policies.

Q) Are you at least 18 years old? (Yes or No question, Actual age optional)
A) Yes, I am 32.

Q) Have you read over our example application? (recommended)
A) Yes, I read both examples.

Q) Do you have any relatives, friends, or acquaintances in Bloodthorn, or were you recruited? If so, by who?
A) No, I do not currently know anyone in Bloodthorn. I was not recruited, but saw your guild post on the Warhammer Alliance Regiment Forum. I look forward to the opportunity to get to know the clan members though.

Q) Character Name and Class: (Planned or in CB or OB)
A) My current plans are to play a High Elf Swordmaster named Deylen Tir’ein. I am a melee character at heart, always have been. This could change though based on the fun factor of that class compared to others.

Q) Gender: (female, male)
A) male

Q) What region do you live in? (City and State is fine.)
A) Rural Michigan, near Lansing

Q) How did you hear about us? (Word of Mouth, Official Forums, In-game recruitment, ect.)
A) I heard about you on the Warhammer Alliance Regiment Forums. From there I traveled to your website and did some reading.

Q) Do you also plan on playing a Chaos character in Warhammer?
A) Not at this time. I may decide to, but I like to play the good guys.

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good?
A) I like to have fun as well. I use these games for enjoyment after long days at work and would not play if I were not enjoying it. My sense of humor is ok. I have been on the receiving end of many a joke. A woman I work with can at times begin laughing for no apparent reason and when asked why she tells me she is thinking of something that has happened to me. My mistakes are others amusement. It is my lot in life.

Q) Previous MMORPG experience if any?
A) I have played many mmorpg’s. I began with Sierra’s The Realm. From there I have played Asheron’s Call, Asheron’s Call 2, Dark Age of Camelot, Shadowbane, Horizons, City of Heroes, Everquest, Everquest 2, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online and hopefully in the near future Warhammer Online. Many of those games were for short times. I have played DAOC by far the most followed by Asheron’s Call.

Q) What stood out to you about our guild that got you to apply with us?
A) You post on the Warhammer Alliance Regiment Boards. I have been seeking a mature, casual guild. I want to play with people who respect one another. I handle stressful situations all day long and I am looking get away from that on my own time.

The casual atmosphere is also a plus. There are times where I will spend many hours playing. I can also be away for extended periods of time. My real life comes first even at the times when I do not want it to. I am not able to commit to schedules of play like some guilds require. That being said if I am available I am more than willing to lend a hand.

You statement about not being loot driven also was attractive. I like the new shiny toy like many others but have seen greed ruin people’s enjoyment of these games. While I will work for items I am not going to fight over them. Seeing a group recognize that is refreshing.

Q) Is there any other information about yourself you would like to share with us?
A) I think that I could be a good fit for this group and look forward to finding out if that is true. I tend to be quite while playing, rarely getting excited. I do not speak out a lot but do listen carefully and will say something when appropriate.

If a guild mate needs help all they have to do is ask and if it is in my power I will help make it happen. I have played both games that are solo and group oriented and enjoy both. Some of my fondest memories though are of guild groups adventuring together, usually in a new place experiencing it for the first time, and working together to accomplish our goal.

My dark, deep secret is that I currently only have a dial up connection. This has worked against me in these games. It can make playing difficult if not impossible. DSL or Cable are not available in my area and I do not look for them to get here any time soon. I am currently looking into cellular wireless but am unsure about it.

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
A) My only question is will there be a voice chat program required? Due to my connection mentioned above these programs do not currently work for me. I am hoping to remedy this in the near future but can make no promises. There are good and bad points to living in the country. The worst is the terrible Internet speeds.
Back to top Go down
Swift Stryker

Swift Stryker

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Deylen-Join! [APPROVED]   Deylen-Join! [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:15 pm

As long as the funny things that always happen to you don't also happen to those around you Wink , I vote "Yes" !

Seriously, a nice application! Thanks for taking the time to show something of yourself!

Vent is not required, it is recommended because its helpful in many game and social situations. It also helps speed up getting to know each other. I've had a lot of luck using Ventrillo and (eg) Everquest 2 on dialup (high 40s when it worked lol) from a small island in South Carolina, so some combinations will work even in Raids with that bandwidth.

I guess I'd recommend you set Ventrilo up for our server, and give it a try sometime in combo with WAR. There may come a day you'll want to use it, even for just a few minutes, even if just to hear, and it would be nice to have it available at a moment's notice.
Back to top Go down
Quixote

Quixote

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Deylen-Join! [APPROVED]   Deylen-Join! [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:43 pm

Agree with Swift whole-heartedly on this one...Great app, lots of detail and I learned a few things about you by reading it.

Definitely thrilled to welcome you to the guild.

You're a Bloodthorn. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.clanbloodthorn.com
Deylen

Deylen

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Deylen-Join! [APPROVED]   Deylen-Join! [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:48 pm

Thank you for the feedback Swift. I will get Ventrillo and give it a go. If you see or here a newcomer on the server you are welcome to laugh at me. I am sure there will be a few mishaps that give everyone the opportunity. I will not take offense and may even be the first to chuckle.

I also would like to thank you both for the quick replies. It is impressive that I was received so quickly. It makes me know I made the right choice coming here and that the leaders of the guild really do care about it.

It is an honor to be a Bloodthorn!

For Order!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deylen-Join! [APPROVED]   Deylen-Join! [APPROVED] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deylen-Join! [APPROVED]
Page 1 of 1