Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inIsryion -- JOIN [APPROVED] Homepa11

Isryion -- JOIN [APPROVED]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Isryion0

Isryion -- JOIN [APPROVED] Empty
PostSubject: Isryion -- JOIN [APPROVED]   Isryion -- JOIN [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:06 am

Thanks in advance for taking the time to consider my application.

Q) Have you read over our guild and forum policies?
A.) Yes, and I even took a look at some of the other applications to try and give me some more insight into the guild leadership, the types of folks applying, etc. Sure, some may call it a bit much but I wanted to make sure I was applying to a guild with a philosophy and attitude I was comfortable with. Wink

Q) Are you at least 18 years old? (Yes or No question, Actual age optional)
A) Yes, 32.

Q) Have you read over our example application? (recommended)
A) Yes.

Q) Do you have any relatives, friends, or aquaintances in Bloodthorn, or were you recruited? If so, by who?
A) Not that I am aware of.

Q) Character Name and Class: (Planned or in CB or OB)
A) Isryion. I was in CE Closed Beta and Played Preview weekend, and all it did so was confuse me as to whether I'd rather play a swordmaster or shadow warrior. I may end up rolling both for awhile and figure out which I like better, or if I fail at that, go based on guild need.

Q) Gender: (female, male)
A) Male.

Q) What region do you live in? (City and State is fine.)
A) Twin Cities Area, MN

Q) How did you hear about us? (Word of Mouth, Official Forums, In-game recruitment, ect.)
A) Your thread in the Warhammer Alliance Forums. I typed in the words "casual," "mature," and "guild."

Q) Do you also plan on playing a Chaos character in Warhammer?
A) Yes, but really only as an alt (Yes, I'll admit to being an alt-oholic, though that may have been more due to the difficulty of committing large chunks of time to WoW endgame. It was much easier to log on and level a character for 30 minutes than to raid. Hoping WAR will be diffferent to some extent in that regard .) Anyway, I'd like to roll a Black Orc and was excited to see that you are planning to have a guild on another server for destruction.

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good?
A) I teach in a middle school. My sense of humor is the only thing that keeps me sane...barely.

Q) Previous MMORPG experience if any?
A) I talked about WoW above a bit, but that is really the only other MMO I played seriously. I am very excited for the different flavor of WAR which -- at least at the outset -- appears to be a more friendly game to the casual player. I am also a big fan of the tabletop game.

Q) What stood out to you about our guild that got you to apply with us?
A) Two comments stood out to me. The first, "A group of mature gamers who know what it is to balance life and gaming." Between having a one-year old and teaching, it is difficult to find large chunks of time (more than an hour) more than once a week. So, this kind of attitude is very important to me in a guild. The second comment was"A Bloodthorn is not primarily motivated by experience points and loot." My biggest turn-off for MMOs is people who complain about the grind or get frustrated or angry about looting. Part of my philosophy, like your "journey is as important as the destination" is that if someone only enjoys the rewards of a game (loot, endgame content) and aren't actually enjoying the playing of the game, they probably shouldn't be.

Q) Is there any other information about yourself you would like to share with us?
A) I think that my laid back, casual attitude and general sense of fun will be a good fit for this guild from a social aspect. In my WoW guild, I also tended to be the guy who answered a lot of the questions that new players or new guildies had. As for gameplay, I won't be playing the most and I certainly won't be the twitchiest pvper, but I do make sure I research my class/es inside and out and that I am effective with my own style of play and role.
I wasn't much of a pvper in WoW, but am liking the PVP aspect of WAR much better (because it is!) and PVP also works a little better with my life schedule.

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
A) Not too many at this point, but will probably have some as I time goes....I guess the only one I am really curious about is if the guild will be doing some PVE as well (getting together for Public Quests or whatever other group PVE might be available in game). Like I said, I don't plan to as much PVE as RVR but noted the guild label and I didn't see a lot talking about PVE (at least that I noted).
Back to top Go down
Quixote

Quixote

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Isryion -- JOIN [APPROVED]   Isryion -- JOIN [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:39 am

Execellent app, Isryion!

I probably should go back into the advertisement and add something about PvE groups now that you mention it...Nice catch.

Basically, to answer your question, we look at the game as if we're all in it together, whether it be PQs, general PvE questing, or RvR,
and will do our best to help out when members need it regardless of content.

Welcome to Clan Bloodthorn!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clanbloodthorn.com
Isryion

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Isryion -- JOIN [APPROVED]   Isryion -- JOIN [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 7:07 pm

Thanks for the quick response (here and in the Alliance forums) and I am glad to be here.

I am very excited to be starting with a guild before the game launches even, since I hope that will generate a better guild experience than picking a server and being forced to choose from the guilds. You guys stood well above others that I looked at, even those with similar philosophies, and I'm not even sure I could pinpoint the reason for you, but I felt pretty comfortable applying here.

Only thing I am slightly bummed about is that I didn't apply till today so I missed getting some intros over the weekend, but I'll be looking forward to the open beta to do that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isryion -- JOIN [APPROVED]   Isryion -- JOIN [APPROVED] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Isryion -- JOIN [APPROVED]
Page 1 of 1