Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inApplication - Lysico [APPROVED] Homepa11

Application - Lysico [APPROVED]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lysico

Application - Lysico [APPROVED] Empty
PostSubject: Application - Lysico [APPROVED]   Application - Lysico [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:12 pm

Q) Have you read over our guild and forum policies?
I read through them all and agree to them
A.)

Q) Are you at least 18 years old? (Yes or No question, Actual age optional)
Yup. I am actually 40, so speak up in vent so I can hear you!
A)

Q) Have you read over our example application? (recommended)
I did.
A)

Q) Do you have any relatives, friends, or aquaintances in Bloodthorn, or were you recruited? If so, by who?
A) I do not know anyone in the guild yet

Q) Character Name and Class: (Planned or in CB or OB)
Lysico and I am going with a dwarven Runepriest. I have my OB key from my pre-order
A)

Q) Gender: (female, male)
Male
A)

Q) What region do you live in? (City and State is fine.)
I am up in the Hudson Valley of New York
A)

Q) How did you hear about us? (Word of Mouth, Official Forums, In-game recruitment, ect.)
I got wind of you all from the Warhammer Alliance page where you put up a recruitment message.
A)

Q) Do you also plan on playing a Chaos character in Warhammer?
I do not. If given the option, I always play a dwarven character in my MMO’s (only Age of Conan was I not able to)
A)

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good?
I have a great sense of humor. Just ask my wife.. Oh wait don’t, she will tell stories about me
A)

Q) Previous MMORPG experience if any?
I played eq1 till DAoC came out. Then I played DAoC from launch until just this spring when the population and my guild just fell apart. Great game and for all that went on there, I think Mythic did a solid job there. Was a dwarven skald and healer there for more years then I can remember. But then I am old and I don’t’ remember much!
A)

Q) What stood out to you about our guild that got you to apply with us?
I wanted a core rules, Order guild. You seem to have older player base where you understand that real life, kids, job etc come into play and effects your playtime
A)

Q) Is there any other information about yourself you would like to share with us?
Just that I am a mature gamer. I don’t bring drama or such to the guild. I almost always play support classes, so I love to knock out guild rvr or pve quests. Basically I like to move the guild forward and be part of bigger goals for the guild. Dying, group wipes etc never bother me too much. I am pretty easy going. Have vent, enjoy chatting in it, and overall think I am a relaxed player, but I do enjoy knocking out guild objectives.

A)

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
About how big is the guild, or do you have a vision for? Meaning will the guild be very large, or you keeping it down to smaller numbers? I think both can work, but the larger ones just need more leadership to keep on track is all.
Back to top Go down
Lysico

PostSubject: Re: Application - Lysico [APPROVED]   Application - Lysico [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:21 pm

Ok so my old fart , no ability to use Word is showing.. I tried to cut/paste and and then see how it came out screwed up..

Ah well, don’t hold my inability to manage a word processor against me!

Thanks for taking time to review my application
Back to top Go down
Quixote

Quixote

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Application - Lysico [APPROVED]   Application - Lysico [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:32 pm

Quote :
About how big is the guild, or do you have a vision for? Meaning will the guild be very large, or you keeping it down to smaller numbers? I think both can work, but the larger ones just need more leadership to keep on track is all.

Great question, Lysico.

To start with, we're a medium to large guild in Age of Conan, where I'm also the guild leader.

However, we're starting from ground zero here with just a few members who are dissatisfied with AoC, and want to make the move to Warhammer, and those who join us from our Warhammer recruiting efforts. There are a couple of reasons we decided to approach things this way...First, we didn't want to damage the AoC population by opening a new guild in Warhammer - We knew War would draw it's own mass of people to recruit from, rather than to take from what is already becoming a struggling population in Conan. We have a bunch of great people in that guild, and they deserve us trying to protect their gaming experience, so while this is the more difficult way to go about it, having their interest at heart is the only honest way to go in our opinion.

As far as our vision for how large the guild will get...I tend to think that those things iron themselves out on their own for the most part.
We try and grab quality players who fit in with our idea of a casual laidback guild when we can find them, and we're usually very effective in doing that.
So, basically, we feel the guild will grow in relation to how many quality people we can find here at the beginning, and will recieve a big surge in recruitment as we forge our reputation on our server as an honest guild who tries to be fair and helpful even to those wearing other tags.

Hopefully that answers your questions, and welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clanbloodthorn.com
Lysico

PostSubject: Re: Application - Lysico [APPROVED]   Application - Lysico [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:37 pm

Thank you for the quick reply.

Your way of handling the move from AoC to Warhammer should be applauded. It is great idea and shows respect to not gut your guild there to start up here.

I dabbled a little in AoC, but what they had for PvP just was not what I wanted. I loved Mythic's approach in DAoC, so have high hopes here.

Will register and set up shop here. I am in open beta, so let me know where we are when that opens on the 7th so we can all get to know each other there.

Quick question, assume you have member boards where I can get vent info and the such? I am a horrible typer (as my adventure above shows, lol), so I like using vent

Thanks again

Lysico
Back to top Go down
Quixote

Quixote

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Application - Lysico [APPROVED]   Application - Lysico [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:39 pm

Yes, once you have registered, all the other forums will open up for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clanbloodthorn.com
Swift Stryker

Swift Stryker

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Application - Lysico [APPROVED]   Application - Lysico [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:48 pm

Hey Dom, if he thinks *he's* old, he's gonna feel a lot better after he meets me Rolling Eyes

Good to see an old EQ1 player - I thought most of the peeps I played with would be dead by now! Tribunal server 2001-2004, Druid, Enchanter (geez I miss this class), Warrior. Left as the LDoN expansion wore down, and went to EQ2 for 24-player max raiding vs 75-100 zergfests..

AoC was an interesting MMO launch. Marketed as massive siege PvP, the strength of the game at launch actually was solo levelling PvE from 1-80. After doing that a few times, I didn't find anything else of interest. PvP? Well, you were allowed to kill other players . . . that was pretty much the extent of it (OK, slight overstatement). Worse, things didn't get better 3 months after launch . . . instead the game became less playable, and featured a 45-minute MTBC (mean time between crashes).

I haven't been in-game in WAR yet, but looking at the trailers they may have dodged one bullet: The graphics seem less detailed, more muted/blended, more "cartoonish" than either AoC or EQ2. I see that approach as a plus - maybe a game more playable when 24 to 100 uniquiely dressed PCs are flailing around and shooting off fireworks on my screen.

Hmm. It occurs to me I haven't seen any technical data on the game. Does it support multi-core and sli, etc. Think I'll go look for some.

Meanwhile, welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Lysico [APPROVED]   Application - Lysico [APPROVED] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application - Lysico [APPROVED]
Page 1 of 1