Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog indoomshift - Application to join [APPROVED] Homepa11

doomshift - Application to join [APPROVED]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
doomshift

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-08-28

doomshift - Application to join [APPROVED] Empty
PostSubject: doomshift - Application to join [APPROVED]   doomshift - Application to join [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:43 pm

Q) Have you read over our guild and forum policies?
A.) Twice. Once before I registered, then again while I was waiting for my account to be activated so I could post.

Q) Are you at least 18 years old? (Yes or No question, Actual age optional)
A) Yes, I'm 25 years old.

Q) Have you read over our example application? (recommended)
A) Of course; I like to look before I leap, so to speak. Smile

Q) Do you have any relatives, friends, or aquaintances in Bloodthorn, or were you recruited? If so, by who?
A) I've been friends with Drist and Sesnir (whom I see you've already approved earlier today) since 2001. Other than those two new recruits of yours, nope.

Q) Character Name and Class: (Planned or in CB or OB)
A) Alindra, Warrior Priest (I know, I know. Forum handle and character name doesn't match. Sorry for the extra memorization!)

Q) Gender: (female, male)
A) Male

Q) What region do you live in? (City and State is fine.)
A) Renton, WA

Q) How did you hear about us? (Word of Mouth, Official Forums, In-game recruitment, ect.)
A) I was pointed in this direction by Sesnir / Drist who found you from the Warhammer Alliance boards.

Q) Do you also plan on playing a Chaos character in Warhammer?
A) I wouldn't mind trying Destruction in the future (as they have a few classes I may be interested in playing), but not immediately.

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good?
A) My sense of humor is armed and ready, captain!

Q) Previous MMORPG experience if any?
A) DAOC (Gawaine - Albion), WoW (Argent Dawn - Alliance), CoH/V (Victory), Lotro (forgot which server, didn't last past a month), EVE, AoC (Omm) along with some games I tried in beta but decided not to pickup at retail (SWG, Planetside)

Q) What stood out to you about our guild that got you to apply with us?
A) There were two things that really stood out to me. First, you're a casual guild that looks like they can appreciate the journey and not just the destination. While I can have my stints of playing long nights, it's good to know it won't be something I'll be required to do. (Raid commitments in WoW is one thing that finally burned me out there.) I like being able to play when I want to, rather than feel forced to play when I don't want to. (That, I've found, can lead to hard feelings, snappy attitudes, etc. Most importantly, it leads to not having fun!)

The second thing was this sentance in your About Clan Bloodthorn post:

Quote :
We do not dictate timelines or schedules, and we promote an honor-based looting system over complicated DKP-type systems.

I think that really says a lot about the quality of the people in your guild. If you have the trust to forgo complicated loot systems then that says something about the character of the people in your ranks. I really respect that, and it puts my mind at ease.

Q) Is there any other information about yourself you would like to share with us?
A) Aside from playing games, I'm also very much interested in their mechanics (exactly how stat X works) and balance (class Y seems really good, what's its Achilles's heel?). Not only do I find these subjects fascinating on their own, they're also helpful to let me play the best I can.

Having said that, I understand that subjects like melee combat mechanics (note: I didn't write that, just found it) may be pretty dry to most, so I do my best not to bore people with the like. Laughing

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
A) "Negative ghostrider, the pattern is full."

Thanks for your time and consideration.
Back to top Go down
Quixote

Quixote

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: doomshift - Application to join [APPROVED]   doomshift - Application to join [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:53 pm

Heya Doom!

Excellent application. cheers

Glad to have the three of you aboard.

Welcome to Clan Bloodthorn!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clanbloodthorn.com
Katazan

Katazan

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: doomshift - Application to join [APPROVED]   doomshift - Application to join [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:15 pm

One thing I agree with - DKP and other loot systems kind of stink. Personally, I dont really care about loot too much. Its cool to get a good piece, dont get me wrong. But it really is about having fun. I hope that progression in WAR will be a bit different than WoW (or EQ2 or...) where its more about combat with the other side vs gear progression. I mean if you can sack the other capital and then burn it to the ground, heh that is pretty cool. I think that the renown gear, which is purchasable given the respective influence of the guild and renown of your character will be good.
Back to top Go down
doomshift

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: doomshift - Application to join [APPROVED]   doomshift - Application to join [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:23 pm

Katazan wrote:
One thing I agree with...

You disagree with the rest of it? Wink I kid, I kid. I'm hoping that gear in War is more like DAoC than WoW (up until ToA). Sure, dragon gear, or drops from Caer Sidi were great, but they rarely caused you to be exponentially better than the competition.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
Katazan

Katazan

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: doomshift - Application to join [APPROVED]   doomshift - Application to join [APPROVED] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:33 pm

I knew that the wording of that statement was a little clumsy. Smile Sorry about that! Wink

Unfortunately, I never played DAoC so I dont really know how much gear was a factor in the game. In my opinion, WoW == gear progression, end of story. Grinding an instance forever to gear the raid bores me to tears, frankly. I have done it, but its not fun at all. The first time is cool, maybe even the first 5-10 times, but ugh...

Anyways, welcome my friend, and hopefully we have a good crew to capture and lay waste to the Destruction armada.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: doomshift - Application to join [APPROVED]   doomshift - Application to join [APPROVED] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

doomshift - Application to join [APPROVED]
Page 1 of 1