Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inApproved Application Example #2 Homepa11

Approved Application Example #2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Quixote

Quixote

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Approved Application Example #2 Empty
PostSubject: Approved Application Example #2   Approved Application Example #2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 5:16 pm

**Subject should read something like "Swift Stryker - Join!"

Q) Have you read over our guild and forum policies?
A.) Yes. The policies give me a clear picture of what Clan Bloodthorn aspires to be.

Q) Are you at least 18 years old? (Yes or No question, Actual age optional)
A) Yes (Answer provided under duress, as directed.) Actually, I have kids twice that age Smile

Q) Have you read over our example application? (recommended)
A) No, I haven't. Please understand I didn't skip them out of laziness or arrogance. I have complete confidence that if I read them, I could parrot back to you what you want to hear. But I understand that you want to learn something about who I am, and I'd rather do that "cold". This way I find out if you want a guy like me Smile

Q) Do you have any relatives, friends, or aquaintances in Bloodthorn, or were you recruited? If so, by who?
A) I guess I was recruited by Leo, see below.

Q) Character Name and Class: (Planned or in CB or OB)
A) Swift, a White Lion (in this game) will be one of my toons, hopefully my Main. With no real knowledge of how they play, I'm looking to try Hawke (Shadow Warrior) and a Squig Herder possibly named Upchuck.

Q) Gender: (female, male)
A) Me? Male. My damage dealing toons are normally female, my healers male, to mirror real life Smile

Q) What region do you live in? (City and State is fine.)
A) New Hope (North of Philadelphia), PA

Q) How did you hear about us? (Word of Mouth, Official Forums, In-game recruitment, ect.)
A) I met Leo in AoC a few months ago, and thought enough of him to follow him here and help out a bit.

Q) Do you also plan on playing a Chaos character in Warhammer?
A) Yes, see above Smile

Q) We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good?
A) Fun is the only good part of living lol. I love jokes but don't tell them well. so I don't tell them at all. My humor comes almost entirely in response to what I see and hear. So if you toss up a lob in Vent, expect it to be rifled back over the net. I'm told that I return serve and volley pretty well, too Smile

Q) Previous MMORPG experience if any?
A) Many years playing Everquest (Enchanter, Druid, Warrior) - the end game required raids of 75 to 100 players, a social nightmare lol. Played Everquest 2 from launch till last November (Brigand, Swash, Necro, Inquisitor, Fury). Dabbled in Horizons (a failure I thought would never be duplicated), Vanguard (then it was exceeded), CoH (Magic=yes, superpowers=no, go figure), PotBS (Do you know how boring sailing a pixel ship is?), and AoC currently (Assassin, Necro, ToS) . . . sort of lol. Never played WoW, but was thinking I'd play for a week just to learn everything about it Smile

Q) What stood out to you about our guild that got you to apply with us?
A) I thought Leo would do what he said he would. This is not always true of Guild Leaders.

Q) Is there any other information about yourself you would like to share with us?
A) I am retired, and so I can play a *lot*. I have been a 4 or 5 night-per-week raider for years, and haven't missed it at all the last 10 months. I often play solo to give me something to do while watching TV or listening to my wife bitch. So while I may be logged on, I am often not totally "there". Hmmmm, my wife says that a lot, too.

I very, very rarely ask for help . . . I'll usually wait until someone else is doing (eg) the quest, and then help them. I love to help people who help other people and the guild. I honestly avoid helping people who jump on and immediately ask for help, or who don't help others.

I don't often start groups, but I *love* to join yours, and can usually bring along the class you need to complete the job.

Fun, grandkids, Yankees, Giants, Rangers (born in North Jersey). Celtics (went to school in Boston), computers, and travel . . . mostly in that order.

Q) Do you have any questions for us?
A) Nope. What you want to do is clear. What we become is really up to us. Wait. Yes, I do have a question. Does Clan Bloodthorn provide insurance coverage for the new glasses I need now?
Back to top Go down
http://www.clanbloodthorn.com

Approved Application Example #2
Page 1 of 1